The last resting place of the travelling white hat


I loved my white sun hat.

It offered glamorous protection from the sun.
It could be folded or rolled up into my handbag or hand luggage.
I washed it in the washing machine.
It was the perfect accessory for my Dior sunglasses.
It travelled well.
And it loved the sea as much as I do.

You live on Hong Kong island, you go on water.
You go on water, you have wine.
You want champagne? Go on Aqua Luna.

My hat was still new here.   And very white.

Water is water.   Sky is sky.   Sand is sand.    Earth is Earth.

My hat lapped it up!



My first visit to Phuket 2011 - many years after the tsunami.   I need more tops!
Phuket again, July 2013.    Leaving Hong Kong.   Took my hat with me.

My pool in George has JC le Roux.   The Westin in Macau has Pina Coladas.
I need more swimsuits!


Lamma island, Hong Kong.
Post-typhoon.
Stormy waters.
Small but powerful waves.

I lost my beloved Dior sunglasses (above) there that day.   The sea took it.   With one mighty wave.   Thank God my hat was spared.



My hat and I relocated to Saudi Arabia a year ago.
The waters of the Farasan Islands in the Red Sea are just as beautiful as any other island.  I walked along the water's edge and collected coral and shells in my hat.   Unfortunately I do not have that photo any more.   But I still have the coral and the shells!




I preferred to stay on board and keep an eye on the drinks.

And then I found the photo!





The mud from the Dead Sea stiffened the hat into a starched dome but it was super-soft after the salt was rinsed.    My skin felt great too!



The hat went into the desert and thought it was the biggest beach it had ever seen.


Proof that the desert was once the sea

Victoria Bay, South Cape, South Africa
Land's End.
Where we always waited for the Choo-Choo.
http://www.discover-sedgefield-south-africa.com/outeniqua-choo-tjoe.html







After nearly 3 months  of winter in George, my stop-over in Dubai (en route to Riyadh) was wonderful in August.

And then I took my hat to Crete...


It never wanted to leave.


So I left it there.

















I'll be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk through Quarry Bay Park

Pretty in Pink, Beautiful Blues